The Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, in collaboration with the Jean Monnet Chair of the Democritus University of Thrace organize a summer school entitled “The EU area of freedom, security and justice”, that will take place in July 1-3, at the Conference Room of the University of Macedonia in Thessaloniki, Greece. For all information check here
Curriculum – Course structure:
- Structure and Evolution of the AFSJ
- European Citizenship Rights in the AFSJ
- Schengen, Migration and Asylum Policy
- EU Security and Police Cooperation
- Civil and Criminal Justice in the EU
The Summer Academy is organized by the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence of the University of Macedonia, Greece. This year’s co-organizer is the Jean Monnet Chair, awarded by the European Commission to Michail Chrysomallis, Associate Professor of the Law School of Democritus University of Thrace.
Dr. Despina Anagnostopoulou, Associate Professor, Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia
Venue: University of Macedonia Conference Room (1st floor)
For University Students: EUR 190
For all other participants:EUR 240
Certificates of Αttendance will be issued for all participants. A Graduation Certificate will be awarded to those passing a multiple choice examination.
2 Extra-curricular ECTS will be granted to those passing a multiple choice exam by the University of Macedonia.
Who can join?
- University Students of graduate and undergraduate level.
- Public officials working primarily in the field of EU integration.
- Lawyers, judges, social and political scientists, journalists, police officers and other professionals from non-governmental organizations and think-tanks who wish to enhance their skills and knowledge on the AFSJ.
Courses of the seminar will be taught by a highly distinguished international faculty.
This year our lecturers are:
- Miguel Gardenes-Santiago, Professor Titular, Law School, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
- Vasilis Hatzopoulos, Professor, Department of Social Administration and Political Science, Democritus University of Thrace, College of Europe (Brugges), Greece/Belgium
- Michail Chrysomallis, Associate Professor, Jean Monnet Chair, Law School, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Dimitrios Skiadas, Associate Professor, University of Macedonia
- Ioannis Papageorgiou, Assistant Professor, Department of Political Sciences, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece
- Despina Anagnostopoulou, Associate Professor, Department of International and European Studies, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Dr. Nikos Gaitenidis, University of Macedonia
- Dr. Athina Giannakoula, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Dr. Revecca Pedi, University of Macedonia
The schedule is shaped as follows:
Saturday, July 1st: 10:30 am – 18.30 pm
Sunday, July 2nd: 15:00 pm – 21:45 pm
Monday, July 3rd: 15:00 – 22:00 pm
Please fill in this application-form and send it to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +30 6979 639368.