Protection of Human Rights in Europe with emphasis on Refugee Rights
The Summer Academy lasts a duration of 40 hours with a focus on the protection of human rights in Europe with emphasis on the Rights of Refugees:
· International human rights protection mechanisms with an emphasis on refugees (International Covenants and International Conventions), taught by f. Professor P. Naskou Perraki (University of Macedonia, Greece)
· European Convention on Human Rights by Dr. Dagmara Rajska, expert of the Council of Europe, who will discuss the right for fair trial and the right to asylum (Poland),
· Freedom of Expression by Prof. I. Papadopoulos (University of Macedonia),
· Protection of Personal Data by Prof. E. Alexandropoulou (University of Macedonia),
· EU Charter of Fundamental Rights by Prof. L. Papadopoulou (Aristotle University of Macedonia, Greece),
· Prohibition of discrimination by Prof. D. Anagnostopoulou (University of Macedonia, Greece),
· LGBT Rights by Prof. Alina Tryfonidou (Reading University, UK),
· Protection of minorities and cultural rights by Dr. Nikos Gaitenidis, Head of the Observatory on Constitutional Values of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, and
· Workshop on intercultural skills by Prof. I. Papavasileiou (University of Macedonia)
Associate Professor Dr. Despina Anagnostopoulou, Academic Coordinator of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence and Director of the UNESCO Chair on Intercultural Policy for an Active Citizenship and Solidarity at the University of Macedonia.
University Students, lawyers, judges, political scientists, teachers, journalists and professionals dealing with refugees and migrants
After a multiple choice examination, a certificate for 3 Extracurricular ECTS will be granted
Fee 1 EUR 190: For University Students until 25 May 2017. After that date, tuition is 240. Reduction of 10% on each registration on combined registration of 2 participants and 20% for 3 participants. Social events are paid separately. Special rates at Thessaloniki hotels. Assistance for excursions to Halkidiki and the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
Fee 2 EUR 250: For professionals or other participants who are not University students until 25 May 2017 after that date tuition is 280 euros
Tuition fees cover
§ All handouts (sent by email)
§ light lunch
Reductions of 10% on tuition is granted for groups of 2 participants, 20% for 3 participants.
Special rates at Thessaloniki Hotels. Assistance for Halkidiki excursions and trips to the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
The Summer School will be able to provide two scholarships under the condition that there are at least 20 registrations, and the applicants demonstrate high academic record and proof of economic inability. The scholarship covers only the tuition fee.